Intellus Firmware and SD Card Updating Instructions
What you will need:
• USB 3.0 Thumbdrive.
• Computer with a microSD card reader (or SD card reader with an adapter).
• All update files downloaded on the computer.
• Small pliers, or #6 nut driver (?) for removal of imbedded touch screens.
• During the upgrade process, do not cycle power to the IntellusUltra controller with the touch screen connected to it.
• When accessing any control system items inside the control box, turn off the chamber and disconnect its power cord from the electrical service.
• Please contact Percival’s customer service department with any questions regarding the procedures below.
IF YOU ARE RUNNING VERSION 21.00 OR BELOW, PLEASE FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW. IF YOU ONLY NEED TO UPDATE THE FIRMWARE, YOU ONLY NEED TO FOLLOW SECTIONS APPENDED WITH “(A),” IF YOU ONLY NEED TO UPDATE THE SD CARD, YOU ONLY NEED TO FOLLOW SECTIONS APPENDED WITH “(B).”
Prepare a USB Stick (A):
1) Copy the firmware file (PercivalAppArm.bin) onto the root of a USB stick (i.e. do not put the file into any folders on the USB stick file structure).
Backup Chamber Data and Configuration (optional for A and B):
1) Insert a USB stick into the chamber USB port.
2) Press the ‘Data Log’ key.
3) Download any data you wish to save to the USB stick. This step is not required if the data is already contained in the PercivalConnect software database. Note: Downloading data directly from Intellus can take a long time, depending on how much data needs to be retrieved.
4) After the data download is complete, press and hold the ‘Down’ and ‘Diagnostics’ keys simultaneously (~3-4 seconds) until the Configuration Menu is displayed. Often the USB stick is not immediately recognized. If this step does not work, remove and reinsert the USB stick, then try again.
5) Press ‘Enter’ when ‘Save Configuration’ is displayed on the Intellus display screen.
6) Change the setting from ‘No’ to ‘Yes.’
8) Press ‘Enter.’
9) The controller’s custom configuration will be saved to the USB stick. The controller’s serial number will be part of the saved configuration filename. This process takes around 10-15 seconds to complete. The firmware revision on your controller may not provide confirmation that the save was successful. If this is the case, wait for around 20 seconds before continuing to the next steps.
Update SD Card Files (Data Logging and Web Server) (B):
1) Turn off the chamber and unplug it from its electrical service.
2) Open the control box.
3) Remove the SD card from the back of the Intellus controller.
4) Insert the SD card into a PC.
5) Browse to the SD card file location and delete all numbered files and the ‘Http’ folder.
6) Open the attached folder ’XX.XX Http and Log Files.zip.’
7) Paste the Http folder and empty log files onto the SD card. These files should be located on the root of the SD card, replacing the original files. (Same location as the original files).
8) Do not reinsert the SD card into the controller until the firmware has been updated.
9) Proceed to step 1) of ‘Update Controller Firmware.’
Update Controller Firmware (A):
1) Plug the chamber’s power cord(s) back into the electrical service.
2) Turn the chamber power on.
3) Insert USB stick into the chamber’s USB port.
4) Press and hold the ‘Down’ and ‘Diagnostics’ keys simultaneously to enter the Configuration Menu.
5) Once in the menu, press the ‘Down’ arrow key until ‘Load Firmware 21.02’ is displayed on the screen. If you do not see this option, there is likely a problem with the firmware file on the USB stick (either incorrect name, syntax, or location on the USB stick).
6) Press ‘Enter.’
7) Change the value from ‘No’ to ‘Yes.’
8) Press ‘Enter.’
9) The controller will automatically upload the new firmware and reboot. This process will take a few minutes. Once the chamber restarts, the new firmware should be displayed on the splash screen (21.02).
Re-insert the SD card (B):
1) Turn off the chamber and unplug it.
2) Open the control panel.
3) Insert the SD card with updated files into the back of the Intellus controller.
4) Close the chamber control panel.
5) Plug the chamber’s power cord(s) back into the electrical service.
6) Turn the chamber power on.
To restore a previously saved controller configuration (see ‘Backup Chamber Data and Configuration’ above), follow the procedure below:
Prepare USB Stick to Upload a Configuration File:
1) Insert a USB thumb drive into a PC.
2) Browse to the desired Intellus configuration file.
3) Save a copy of the file onto the root of the USB stick. It should not be put into any folders.
4) Rename the desired file to: ‘IntellusSeries3.cfg.’
5) The configuration file is now ready to be uploaded into an Intellus Controller.
Upload a Configuration to Intellus:
1) Insert a USB stick into the chamber USB port containing the desired configuration file (see ‘ Prepare USB stick to Upload a Configuration File’ above).
2) To back up log data, proceed to the next step. If your controller does not have this capability, or data has already been backed up in a previous process, proceed to step 5).
3) Press the ‘Data Log’ key.
4) Download any data you wish to save to the USB stick. This step is not required if the data is already contained in the PercivalConnect software database. Note: Downloading data directly from Intellus can take a long time, depending on how much data needs to be retrieved.
5) Press and hold the ‘Down’ and ‘Diagnostics’ keys simultaneously (~3-4 seconds) until the Configuration Menu is displayed. Often, the USB stick is not immediately recognized. If this step does not work, remove and reinsert the USB stick, then try again.
6) ‘Save Configuration’ should be shown on the display.
7) Press ‘Enter.’
8) Change the setting from ‘No’ to ‘Yes.’
9) Press ‘Enter.’
10) The configuration will be saved to the Intellus controller. This process takes around 10-15 seconds to complete. The firmware revision on your controller may not provide confirmation that the save was successful. If this is the case, wait for around 20 seconds before continuing to the next steps.
11) Press ‘Down’ arrow key repeatedly until the configuration menu is exited back to the controller’s main display. The configuration upload process is now complete.
Update the Touch Screen Apk:
1) To run the most current IntellusUltra Control app, the touch screen’s OS must be at least Android 5.0. Perform the necessary system updates to the touch screen before proceeding to the next steps.
2) Uninstall the IntellusUltra Control application from the touch screen. Press the circle to return to the home screen, and then click the gear icon to go to settings. Go down to apps, find the Percival app, and then click on the 'uninstall' button.
3) On the back of the tablet there is a USB port. Input a USB stick with the updated apk.
4) Click on the circle on bottom of the touch screen to go to the tablet home screen.
5) On the bottom of the screen there should be a folder icon. Click on it, and navigate into the USB's folder.
6) Copy the apk by click-and-holding onto it.
7) Navigate to the Downloads folder of the tablet, and press the page icon on the top right, and then click 'paste.'
8) Click on the pasted apk file, and accept or decline Google's reporting, the apk should install.
9) Once installed, click on the circle to return to the home screen, and click on the three dots to view all apps.
10) You should see a Percival icon, click on this to load the now upgraded app.
This patch is for certain users who are having issues with the installed jquery client:
1) Download the patch files here (Signature file, SHA256 checksum: fe0a33fe00cca3a0cb2d58d8f1396e31bf50261479e8d184eccfc58310448503), and extract them. You should see three files: IntellusCloud.Core.Web.dll, IntellusCloud.Local.Web.exe, and IntellusCloudWeb.log
2) Go to task manager, and then the services tab. Stop the 'IntellusCloudWebHost' process.
3) Go to the base folder where Percival Connect is installed. Typically, C:\IntellusCloudLocal, and then the web folder. Replace the three files in this folder with the three files extracted from step 1.
4) Go to task manager, and then the services tab. Start the 'IntellusCloudWebHost' process.
Remove the old PercivalConnect:
1) Press the Windows key or the access the start bar.
2) Type 'Add or Remove Programs' and press enter. If it does not show up, go to the Control Panel and search for Add or Remove Programs this way.
3) Search through this list for 'IntellusCloud Local'.
4) Click on this and click 'Uninstall.'
5) If necessary, click yes to allow the necessary permissions, and click through the buttons on associated popups after clicking uninstall.
The previous steps will keep your database files. If you wish to have a completely clean uninstall, after the previous steps navigate to C:\ and search for the folder entitled IntellusCloudLocal or go to the folder where PercivalConnect was installed to and delete this entire folder. Install the new PercivalConnect: Please follow the installation instruction in the manual.
Intellus Gateway Webpage Updating Instructions (v0.5 and higher)
Install the new webpages:
1) Unzip the attached file and put it onto a usb stick with the webpage files inside a folder labeled 'netgateSeries'.
2) Put the USB stick into the logging slot for the Netgate.
3) Wait a couple of minutes.
4) Bring up the Intellus Gateway pages. You should see the version number has upgraded.
5) At this point you can remove the USB stick and delete the netgateSeries folder. You are done.